Friday, April 11, 2008

Making Up for Lost Time

Things are back to normal (and I use that word loosely) around here. Grace is feeling so much better and is her usual self; going a mile a minute. I think today she decided to make up for her week long lethargy. After I picked her up from school at 3:00 she:

...helped me in the yard. Those are the last of the fall leaves. I bagged up 12 huge lawn bags a month or so ago, but these little buggers were hiding under the bushes. ("oh, no!") It was gorgeous today, completely different than today in Denver.





...played with Nemo.








...made a stable for her and her horses.








...helped me with dinner.











...sat and talked to me about why she doesn't want to invite Thelma (name changed to protect the innocent) to her birthday party. Apparently, Thelma is bossy and mean and gets mad when Grace plays with anyone but her. Today, after Math Pentathlon, Thelma told Grace that she was not to talk to Louise (Grace's best friend) anymore. I told Grace that we would watch Single White Female tonight and she could learn what happens when friends get too obsessive. (Do I need to say I'm kidding here?)

Nah, instead now she's kicked back watching Napoleon. Right now she is rewinding to watch again for the third time the scene where Uncle Rico throws the steak at Napoleon and knocks him off his bike. Haahaahahah! Oh, man. That gets me every time, too. She just said, "He sure has the biggest iPod I've ever seen." (Talking about Napoleon's Walkman.) I'm not kidding.

Hey, look! My sofas are the same color as my friend Pinky's hair! I'm still not as cool as her.

Thanks so much, folks, for the words of encouragement and prayers while Grace was streppy. Life is good again.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, I'm so glad she's better. Isn't it funny how they rebound with more energy than they ever had in the first place? But that's a good thing, of course. :-)
I rewind two scenes over and over while watching Napoleon (and it drives my family crazy)
1. the scene where Napoleon throws the grapefruit at Unc. Rico's van and he screams like a girl
2. the steak scene you described.
When something's that funny, you have to watch it repeatedly.

Also, we are decorating twins. I have a purple loveseat with a green trunk in front of it! Yeah baby!

btw, you are way cool, chicky.
I only do these strange things under stress. Wonder what's next? Nose ring? ;-)

Stephanie D said...

Hurray for Grace--in time for a nice weekend!

Casey said...

Yay!!! This makes me happy. :-)

Tell her I said hi.

Casey said...

This has nothing to do with you blog, but I had to tell you this.

I had a dream about you last night, and you were working in a candle store. I was standing there talking to you about what time I was coming over to babysit, and then I thought it was cute that you worked in a candle store, so I sang "I'll take you to the candle shop" to the tune of "Candy Shop." And then you kicked me for singing that. Don't worry, it didn't hurt.

Steph said...

wow, your dreams are scarily accurate. i probably would kick you if you sang that in real life, but it probably would hurt. ;)

Casey said...

I feel so judged!

Steph said...

haha... whatever. ;) you know i love ya more'n my luggage.

Casey said...

True dat.

Karrie said...

How fun...it's been so long since I've heard a good "Steel Magnolias" reference!!:-)

Steph said...

oh, girl... you've been away from me too long! ;)

Karrie said...

That is SO true. I need you to come on up and we can cook while dancing around my kitchen and then watch "Shag"! (Don't worry, we'll just stick Brad down in the basement to keep the mocking to a minimum;-)

Steph said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! SHAG!!!!

aw, i miss you.