Last weekend my sister and I took our kids to see Horton Hears a Who!. It was a good flick, and from what I remember about the book, they hit all the highlights. :) There's a really funny Pokemon-style animated scene in the middle. I was just thrilled to take Grace to a children's movie and not have to worry about the producers' political agenda being shoved down her throat. We almost walked out of Bee Movie for that very reason. Don't get me started.
Anyway...
After we got our tickets Grace asked if she could hold hers, and I let her. Sometimes this makes me nervous, because she lost her ticket once and the ticket-taker-kid would not let us in, no matter how much I begged. I know he was just doing his job, but give me a break.
Anyway...
We were standing in the lobby waiting for my sister to spend $50 on a little popcorn and soda for my nephew. I was eyeing all the upcoming movie posters (can't wait for The Dark Knight!) and noticed two guys approaching the concession stand. Both were probably in their late 20's. One was very tall, very well dressed, very fit, and, yeah okay, very good looking. The other... well, not so much; the first guy's polar opposite as far as outward appearance goes. Out of the blue, Grace says:
"Which one's the stud?"
My jaw dropped.
Me: "What??"
G: "Which one's the stud?"
M: "Wha...? How do you...? Why are you...?"
I looked down at her and she was holding her ticket up to my face.
G: "WHICH ONE'S THE STUD?!"
M: "Ohhh! STUB! Which one's the stub! Ticket stub!"
G: "Yeah, whatever. Which one's the stub?"
Needless to say, even though she 'yeah-whatever'd' me, I was too relieved at that moment to care. I do not want Grace looking at guys and wondering if they're studly based on their appearance. As far as I'm concerned, studly happens from the inside out.
5 comments:
That is probably one of the funniest things I have ever heard and the visual I have is even funnier. I can just see your face when she asked that, and regardless of how much you want Grace to look at men from the inside out, you obviously were not setting a very good example, or else you would not have experienced such confusion. I love you, honey, and I know your heart is in the right place, but you were stud gazing!
i couldn't help it! he looked like jim caviezel.
Oh, Steph!!
My jaw dropped right before I read the line where your jaw dropped!
Whew. That was a close one. You....nearly got busted. :-)
Jim Caviezel? *swoon*
That's hysterical--Steph you are so busted! --Kim
so does this mean that i am a stud from the inside AND out? LOL!
Post a Comment