Monday, April 7, 2008

The gift that keeps on giving?

Grace turns 9 in a couple of weeks. Hold on. I need to recover from that statement.


*inhale... exhale... inhale...*

Okay, so I've been searching for the perfect girly gift to say, "Happy ninth, Princess!" I've masterfully narrowed it down to these superb selections and am taking votes for the winner.

Pig Nose Tissue Holder - I dare you to look at this without cracking up.











Giant Tarantula Hand Puppet - also comes in a smaller, more wimpy version.










The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty - includes acne, body lint, eye gunk, maggots, ticks, toilets and much, much more.









The Chuckie DVD Collection - includes Bride of Chucky, Child's Play 2 and Child's Play 3. I guess Child's Play (the original) is sold separately?








Heh heh. For real, though. I need help. I am redecorating her room. She wants a grown-up-hot-pink-horse-themed-room. Nothing babyish; I've been forewarned. In case you were wondering, nothing like this exists, so I'm up a creek. Thoughts? Suggestions? Paddles?

p.s. I did run across this and hope to include it in the gifting so she can add it to the bazillion other things in her horse collection. It's adorable. The game pieces are a horseshoe, boot, bowl of oats, saddle, trailer, and something else that I can't figure out from the picture but may be a horse fly, though that's dumb. Who wants to be the poo-eating fly?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The other thing you couldn't figure out is a "horsefly".
a thought could be that you paint her room a "grown up hot pink" and find some prints of horses to put around her room (you could find those prints at hobby lobby probably....HA, hobby lobby probably)! that's the best my brain can do.

Anonymous said...

looks like a horsefly to me... or maybe a spur... but more like a horsefly. that's weird... but cute game.

Anonymous said...

I really love the pignose.
I couldn't sleep with the tarantula in the house.

But really, you're way ahead of where I would be. I think you're doing great! She's a blessed little girl, she is!

Anonymous said...

yep, it's a horsefly. Although I completely agree that it's dumb - they could of thought of something MUCH better - horseflys are indeed a common summer ailment for horses. Not are they big, nasty, loud bugs, but they bite the heck out of sweating horses. Horses don't like it at all. Sometimes they'll even buck and kick to get rid of the stupid things. If you ride in the summer you spend half your energy watching out for snakes below and half your energy swatting at horseflys.

-- kar

Anonymous said...

i think you should really get her the pig nose box.