*sigh*
Will the doctor bills ever end? Grace is sick again and I'm exhausted.
I just want her to feel good. She's hurting. She can't even move her head from side to side. She's nauseated and sore all over and her fever won't break.
I don't sleep when she's sick. I find it impossible to rest when she's in pain. It's one of those mother things, I guess. But, does it show a lack of faith in The One who holds us?
It is my desire to stay focused on Jehovah-Rophe, The Lord Who Heals. Still heals; physically, mentally and spiritually.
It is my hope to truly learn what it means to rest in Him. Rest. It often seems so far away. He's showing me how to get there. I am being changed and learning how to yield.
Will the doctor bills ever end? Grace is sick again and I'm exhausted.
I just want her to feel good. She's hurting. She can't even move her head from side to side. She's nauseated and sore all over and her fever won't break.
I don't sleep when she's sick. I find it impossible to rest when she's in pain. It's one of those mother things, I guess. But, does it show a lack of faith in The One who holds us?
It is my desire to stay focused on Jehovah-Rophe, The Lord Who Heals. Still heals; physically, mentally and spiritually.
It is my hope to truly learn what it means to rest in Him. Rest. It often seems so far away. He's showing me how to get there. I am being changed and learning how to yield.
And so this is still a live promise. It wasn't canceled at the time of Joshua; otherwise, God wouldn't keep renewing the appointment for "today." The promise of "arrival" and "rest" is still there for God's people. God himself is at rest. And at the end of the journey we'll surely rest with God. So let's keep at it and eventually arrive at the place of rest, not drop out through some sort of disobedience. Hebrews 4:8-11 (The Message)
5 comments:
Oh goodness, I'm so sorry that poor Grace came back positive for strep. There are few illnesses as miserable as that one:-( I will be praying for her healing and for your endurance. And btw,I don't think it's a lack of faith in God's ability to heal that causes your inability to rest, it's just the mother's heart that He specifically put in you to ensure that His child would be we well cared for.
Love ya,
Karrie
Dang, Karrie. You just made me cry. Love you, too.
Steph,
I second what Karrie said. There's nothing more exhausting than when your child is ill. Emotionally, you're wanting to take the pain away for her, but you can't. Physically, you're not rested and probably not taking the best care of yourself because you're spending all of your time taking care of her. It's completely draining.
For me, the rest comes when they first start to feel better and get that sparkle back.
This, too shall pass.
Hang in there! Tell the munchkin I said to get better now!
And to repeat your words back to you, "God's got you."
Love you guys.
Is she doing any better Steph?
I sure hope so.
We had Big Sis's tonsils and adenoids out at 5 yrs b/c she had strep about every 3 months, and she's a lot healthier now. It's so hard when they're sick so often.
Looks like Little Sis is headed down the same road.
Hug Grace for us.
Post a Comment