Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weird must be genetic.

After working upstairs for an hour or so today, I came downstairs to see this:

Me: "Wow. What's happening here?"

Grace: "My horses and I had to leave our house and stables because of the great depression. We couldn't pay our mortgage, and we got evicted, so now we live in this tent."

M: "Oh, I see. Sorry to hear that. Do you not have any rich relatives who can help you out?"

G: "Yes, we have a rich aunt. She has a car. She drives us places the horses can't go, like to Chicago."

M: "Well, that's good. When you gotta' go to Chicago, you gotta' go to Chicago. What's with the scarf and hat?"

G: "Duh. It's winter."

M: "Oh, right. Duh. So how many horses are living in that tent with you?"

G: "I have two and my friend, Ruthie, has one. Don't sit in your chair. Ruthie is in it right now and you'll squish her."

M: "Well you need to tell her to move because I want to watch the news from my chair."

G: "Ruthie! Move it!"

M: "Thanks."

G: "Mom, can I sleep in this tent tonight?"

M: "No."

G: "Why?"

M: "Because if you're sleeping down here on the floor and I'm upstairs in my bed, I won't be able to sleep because I'll be worried about you down here on the floor all night."

G: "You're weird."

M: "I'm weird? I'm not the one wearing a scarf and hat when it's 100 degrees outside."

G: "Are you crazy? It's been below zero for months. Maybe you should get in the tent to get out of the cold. Follow Ruthie through that tunnel we had to make through the snow. There's hot chocolate inside."

M: "I don't really like hot chocolate. Is there coffee?"

G: "Eww. No."

M: "Hmm... then I'll pass this time."

G: "You're weird."

M: "I'm weird? I'm not the one living in a tent with three horses."

G: "Yeah, well if you went inside and got hot chocolate you would see that it's huge in there and the horses have their own stables."

M: "Impressive! Give me thirty minutes. Right now I want to watch the news."

G: "You're weird."

M: "I know."

10 comments:

Mark said...

quit letting that kid read books for crying out loud! She needs a brain - numbing Sponge Bob Squarepants marathon!
Seriously...Gracie's imagination is awesome!

Anonymous said...

what world have you been on lately steph? it's been below zero here in the atx for 95 days and counting. we've been without power for the last 40 because of ice storms.
100 degrees outside? please do yourself a favor, seek help for your drug abuse. your friends miss you. :D
seriously, grace's imagination has now surpassed my comprehension. what a scary thought and statement.

Papa Frank said...

She's right you know. ;)

Steph said...

mmm hmm. i know.

Anonymous said...

(proudly)She gets it from me!!

Steph said...

yep. exactly. it's just being passed down from one kook to the next.

Anonymous said...

You're both weird, which is why I like you so very much.

Anonymous said...

Right, so now we have kook, kookier, kookiest, and one day kookamonga!

Steph said...

"Kookamonga sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he..."

Oh, wait.

Anonymous said...

You're weird!