
Just got back from seeing The Dark Knight. It was AMAZING. (That's ALL CAPS and bolded AMAZING!) It far surpassed my expectations, and they were high. It's packed with action to keep you gasping from start to end, but is much more than just an "action movie." It delves into the topics of moral conscience vs. depravity, order vs. chaos, and chance vs. choice with a script and direction that captivates and challenges it's audience. I'm still reeling.
Heath Ledger. Wow. He'll win the Oscar for sure. A tragic loss. He had perfected his craft.
I'm not going to go on and on about Christian Bale. But, I could. Oh, yes. For a long time. *swoon*
GO SEE IT but DO NOT take your kids. It's way too intense for youngins. Let them have their Adam West and animated versions. This one's for the grown-ups and it's well worth sitting in the theater for 2.5 hours until your legs ache and your bladder is about to burst. I'm hoping to see it again at the IMAX before Grace gets home from camp. (Gotta play while the kid is away.)
I really am going to post about our vacation soon, but for now I'm off to dream about villains, heroes, vigilantes, good vs. evil, and the virtue of the common human being.
Heath Ledger. Wow. He'll win the Oscar for sure. A tragic loss. He had perfected his craft.
I'm not going to go on and on about Christian Bale. But, I could. Oh, yes. For a long time. *swoon*
GO SEE IT but DO NOT take your kids. It's way too intense for youngins. Let them have their Adam West and animated versions. This one's for the grown-ups and it's well worth sitting in the theater for 2.5 hours until your legs ache and your bladder is about to burst. I'm hoping to see it again at the IMAX before Grace gets home from camp. (Gotta play while the kid is away.)
I really am going to post about our vacation soon, but for now I'm off to dream about villains, heroes, vigilantes, good vs. evil, and the virtue of the common human being.
6 comments:
it has overtaken the lord of the rings trilogy, as my favorite all-time movie!
the reviews i have read on it said that ledger took the joker to a deeply disturbed and diabolical character; but that is not true. in the comics, this is how the joker is. every batman/joker story i read left me walking away feeling really disturbed and uneasy; and this is what the movie does. i agree, definitely not for kids under 13.
my favorite scene is the "joker's magic trick"
Haven't seen it yet, didn't know I wanted to! Am not happy with what I'm hearing about Christian Bale's personal life, but I might just have to overlook that for now.
I'm seriously thinking of seeing X-Files movie, too!
Stephanie- Yes... I know the thing that's in the news about Bale is not good, but I have to wonder how much of what we hear is accurate. Anyway, if you liked any of the other Batman flicks at all, this one will blow you away.
ap- I thought the Joker was perfectly portrayed. And, Batman/Wayne, too. It covers all the things that Batman was including his technological genius and ability to scientifically analyze things. And, Wayne... he was supposed to be kind of a playboy, but not in a disgusting way. I thought it was VERY well written and directed.
Awesome! I'm glad you had a chance to see it. It was absolutely AMAZING! Oh, and yes, it is that much better in the IMAX. Especially when your boss takes your crew during the 12pm showing. :D hehe
WooHoo!
I'm gonna see this one.
Have fun, lady!!!
saw it... loved it!
Post a Comment