My sister pointed this banner ad out to me yesterday.HELLO!! AMERICAN APPAREL, COULD YOU PLEASE USE A CREEPIER DUDE NEXT TIME TO ADVERTISE YOUR SUMMER ATHLETIC WEAR? This one's not making my skin crawl near enough.
Seriously. What advertising genius picked this guy out of the model line-up and said, "Oooh, yeah! He reeks of athletic prowess!"
I'm not even sure this one's been a dude his entire life. I'm thinkin' he's a few hormones short of "Mister."
In case you haven't the stomach to give this hottie-nottie the twice-over, allow me to point out the twin zits on his concave chest, three inch roots, unfortunate dye job, and twiggy limbs. He's so skinny he probably uses chap stick for deodorant.
It ain't right, y'all. It ain't right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This man, on the other hand, could sell me
ANYTHING.

33 comments:
Obviously, their target audience is not over 20! You could have included a picture of Tom Selleck, Sean Connery, or Sam Elliott and I would buy from them, too. (Sorry about the last names, but I don't think they will mind.)
Yes, Mom. I agree with all of the above. And Tommy Lee Jones.
Looks like one of those guys from Hanson...
BTW, I found out the pastor of the Cowboy Church in Liberty Hill used to work on a ranch for the Duke...how cool is that?
On the other hand...can you imagine him being your boss and asking for a raise or a day off?
Hey mom...have you seen Selleck in those movies where he is the alcoholic police chief Jesse Stone in New England? Stone Cold, I think they are called. Made for TV, but good stuff. He has some westerns that are adaptations of Louis Lamour movies that rock too.
I like how you think! As a mechanic I come home with very rough hands. My wife looks at all the cuts and scrapes and smiles from ear to ear. She says they are honest hands and calls them beautiful.
Richt...and Tommy Lee Jones. I raised you right!
Mark, I've seen those Selleck westerns. If it has a cowboy in it, it's on tv in my house at one time or another, not necessarily as my choice, but that of my resident cowboy. I have also seen Stone Cold. I even watched Vegas once Selleck arrived.
Papa Frank, I'm in agreement with your wife about honest, hardworking hands. My daddy was a carpenter and a farmer. His hands were gnarly. Huge arthritic knuckles, crazy looking fingernails, one of which always had a black spot or two, rough and scratchy. And the thing I hated most, when he became too sick to work, was how soft his hands became. To me, that was the true indicator that he was no longer himself.
Y'all remember that song, Daddy's Hands? Oh, it still makes me cry and I always think of PaPa or Pa (my granddads) when I hear it.
Mark, HANSON! Crack me up! I want to go with you and Kevin when y'all go to the cowboy church. Maybe Dad'll go, too.
Cool! I'm dustin off my George Strait straw...
Umm...that's a guy?
I really thought it was a chick in need of a wax job.
He has curvier hips than I do.
Add Mel Gibson to the list...Bono (of course), and Joaquin Phoenix.
what's up with the thumb in the pull-string on his shorts...
it's as if he is ACTUALLY trying to look hot.
NEWS FLASH.... IT'S NOT WORKING!
Hanson... lol
Ahhh, Pinky. You're like the rest of us and prefer those guys with less than perfect faces. It adds character.
I dunno, Mom... Mel Gibson's face is pretty much perfection. :) Ah, yes, but Bono and Joaquin are perfectly unique.
Speaking of perfection:
Jim Caviezel and Matthew Fox
Mel has bushy eyebrows and squinty eyes. Matthew Fox has squinty eyes, too. Jim Caviezel has a clef in his chin and a very slight scar on his right cheek (however, the rest is pretty dadgum perfect).
Mom, Jim Caviezel does not have a cleft chin. Trust me. I have his face memorized.
John Mayer has a cleft chin. And John Travolta, and Ben Afflek, and Kirk Douglas, and Cary Grant, and ooohhh... Cary Grant. We should add him to the list.
You're right. It's not a cleft, it's a smudge on the picture. Hmmm. Does he have that small scar on his right cheek by his dimple? I have to confess, I had to google him, because I didn't do it in your first blog about him. Now, are you going to list all the dimpled guys out there, too. How did posting a picture of John Wayne turn into a hunk hunt? What does this say about us? Do we really want to know?
Dunno about Jim and the scar. I do know he is perfection even if he has it.
Hey, if I'm gonna hunt, I may as well hunt hunk.
Hmmm.... hunks with dimples: I can think of any that have REAL dimples, and not just pseudo-dimples. Jeff Probst, maybe?
Gotta round this list out with Christian Bale and George Clooney.
Brad Paisley.
Jason Taylor.
Viggo Mortensen. (NICE cleft.)
Pierce Brosnan.
Harry Connick, Jr.
George Strait.
Mike Rowe. (Cleft!)
Harrison Ford.
Ewan McGregor.
Okay. I'm done.
Oh, and of course, Elvis.
Thank you. Thank you very much.
Numero uno on the hunk list has real dimples.
The only people who stand like that are women and gay men, and as everyone has repeatedly pointed out, the jury's still out on which camp this person belongs to. I'm even reluctant to call it a "man", because I think it could have just as easily been a picture of a woman that was photoshopped into "manhood". If so, I think they should have tinted the shorts a little bit more to be pink because that would fit the idiom of the picture just that much more.
Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it, and also sort of makes me want to punch that person right in the face to give the face a little bit more life and character.
BWAHHAAHAAHaahaa!! Drew, you crack me up.
Nice list, Steph.
Viggo. Yay!!!
I like the ones who aren't quite so pretty. No Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise for me. Nu-uh. Nobody prettier than I am.
and Jim Caviezel? I need to study him a little more. I'll be back to discuss later! hahahaha
Mom, what does this say about us?
We are women, hear us ROAR!!!!
Study him, Pinky. You'll want to major in Jim Caviezel after about 5 minutes in.
ROAR!!!
OK, I'm back. Y ep, Jim's a keeper.
I'll get a double major in
Orlando Bloom, with a minor in Jude Law, Colin Farrell, and Aaron Eckhart.
WooHoo!!
Oh, my sister Christie is in love with Colin Farrell. Hilarious. :)
YIKES!
I feel like such a dude.
i love this conversation. i'm sad i've been missing out on it....
you left out clive owen and mark wahlberg
pinky... at least we're talking about faces and not other anatomy :)
Oh, yeah. Marky Mark. "It's such a good vibration!" :) Ha.
Have you ever seen him do an interview with Leno or Letterman or anything? He is like the nicest guy in the world. What a cutie.
I know. I like him, too. He's probably making up for the fact that his brother is such a creep.
OOOOhhh! Carrie! Mom just dissed one of your New Kids! Snap!
OOOOhhh! Carrie! Steph just told the world wide web you like the New Kids! Snap!
BTW, what is the maximum number of comments you can have on one post? Are we there yet??
Nope, we're not there yet, Mom.
Is Donnie creepy? I kinda like him. But I like Mark more.
Are we movin' on to other anatomy? I like collar bones. Ya know, I am an expert in human anatomy, being a PT and all. Ahem.
Moving right along.....
I've always wondered about that. Is it hard to do therapy on a really good-looking guy? I don't know if I could do it. I'd be all nervous...
...looking at his collar bones and stuff. ;)
I dunno, Steph.
all of my patients are over 75!!!
Good save, Pinky. These comments had me a little nervous.
Post a Comment