Thursday, July 24, 2008

Camp was, like, the coolest thing ever.

C'mon, let's get there already! I've totally got to sleep on the top bunk!



I'm just, like, barely nervous. But, you know, these butterflies will fly away soon.


Umm... okay, Mom. You can get off the bus. Like, now.



I hope they shut that before we drive off. My suitcase is totally in there! Hello!



(Meanwhile, back at home... Woah! That, like, never happens anymore.)



Four days, eight scrapes, three bruises, two phone calls home, one horrible canoe ride, four-hundred and fifty-two laughs, one surprise love note from Mom, thirty praise songs, eight crazy games, one iLead award, three nights on the top bunk, one-hundred new friends, sixty-seven jumps in the lake, one lost pair of grey shorts, fourteen prayers, one favorite stuffed animal wedding, seven pages of notes, two hand-made crafts, one hysterical ventriloquist who gave three awesome talks about how to be a leader, and a lifetime of memories later....


I'm baaaack!


Mommy!



Camp was, like, way fun. I have, you know, so many suh-weet new friends!


And I totally loved my counselors. They were, like, so hilarious. Seriously. I'm not even kidding. I was laughing so totally hard. Like, all the time. Ohmigosh.


And if I keep going on and on and looking this totally cute, you'll never notice these bandages on my head....


Okay, fine. I, like, fell off a swing. Whatever.


I can't wait for next year! I'm totally going back. Like, for real. I'm so there.



Seriously.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she ever like discovers this blog, you are like totally dead. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

BTW. It took her about three minutes to drift off to sleep. She was exhausted!

Steph said...

Aww... good. It was NOT easy to leave her tonight. She's never cried like that before when I've left her. But, I know she'll have a blast with y'all while I'm at the beach with the girls. She always does and never wants to come home.

Give her a big hug and kiss every day and tell her they're from me. :)

Anonymous said...

Will do. Have a great time. Be safe. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Like, Oh My Gosh.
I cannot wait til Big Sis discovers the joys of camp.
Totally cool.
Err, something like that.

So glad Grace made it home in one piece, minus a little bit of forehead skin.

;-)

Mark said...

I could hear her voice in my head throughout the whole post! It's like...you KNOW her or something ;-)

Stephanie D said...

Glad she came home... mostly safe and Totally happy!

Have a good time at the beach!

Karrie said...

Ok, your delirious happiness at seeing her is like totally saturating this post;-)

And you know, who says you have to come home with the skin you left with? I remember (at 16 mind you) leaving half my face on a snowy golf course due to a tubing adventure gone wrong (winter retreat). Turns out...it grows back;-)

Have a great time at the beach! Glad Grace had such a great time!

James said...

Great blog. I agree with Mark, I could totally hear Grace while reading it. Glad to see she's safe. I hope the same for your return. You're in my prayers.

Papa Frank said...

Glad that fun was had by everyone!!!

tdillow said...

OUCH!!! What a bang-up job she did too. Luckily it was on the last day. I'm glad she back where she belongs, with mom ;)

And whooohooo what a blast we had..can't wait for the beach blog about "Rick" ;0

Carrie Maxwell said...

i miss camp!

i wonder if grace would like totally hate it if aunt carrie was a sponsor at the next camp.

like... totally.