Saturday, June 28, 2008

Strike a pose.

Don't you just love getting a package in the mail? Yeah? Me too! This week Grace received the most thoughtful gift from my wonderful, long-time family friend and fellow boggerista, Kim. This was the most fantastic surprise, and Grace and I were very touched.

She immediately popped the DVD in and began to learn the poses. It's perfect for her age (made for girls ages 8-15) and there's nothing at all in it that makes me uncomfortable (like Hindu mantra meditation and turning your light inward and embarking on the path of self-inquiry and enlightenment blah, blah, blah...) It's actually really cute the way the DVD is put it together for girls with little comments that pop up on the screen, like "meeeow!" during cat pose. She's done it for three days in a row! I tried to do it with her the first day, but had to quit because I had a sudden craving for a soft pretzel and world peace. Needless to say, a few months ago if you would have told me that my daughter would be doing yoga on a daily basis I would've keeled over into downward dog laughing. But, the proof's in the pudding... er, uhh... posing. Check it:

Chair Pose Eagle Pose (yikes!) Low Lunge

Not sure what this is, but it looks like it would give me a headache, not take one away.

She really loves it. The first time she did it she was out of breath and couldn't stay balanced in her poses. But, when she did it yesterday, she didn't get out of breath and she only fell over once during eagle pose, which I think should be called the twist and shout, but whatever. She's totally impressed me with her commitment. Okay, so it's only been three days, so "commitment" is stretching it (pun intended), but I'm still thrilled to see her take the interest.

And in case you're wondering about that adorable outfit she's sporting in the pics... Well, yesterday Grace and I were walking around the outlet mall and stopped into The Children's Place. Oh. My. Word. I'm so glad we did! There was so much on sale and for CHEAP! Everything was $1.99 or $2.99 and they had yoga pants. Yep, yoga pants. It was just meant to be. Grace kind of takes after her mom, so she was pumped at the idea of looking cute while working out. I got all this (that's six shirts, two sweaters, two skirts, and four pairs of yoga pants) for the amazing low price of $36.65.

Holy back bends, Robin! That's under three bucks per item. I love finding a bargain. It's almost as much fun as getting a package in the mail. :)

10 comments:

Carrie Maxwell said...

you need to do a ps about the "i'm melting" ... because that is too funny!

i'm definately going to the outlet mall to check out that sale!

it was so incredibly thoughtful of kim to send grace that video... and makes me love her even more, if possible! :)

Karrie said...

I'm really pretty sure that working out becomes TOTALLY pointless if you can't at least wear cute clothes while torturing yourself!

Loved the hot pretzel comment...you crack me up:-)

Oh and kudos on the sale!! I LOVE getting a bargain and am a total geek b/c I even add up what it all WOULD have cost me and compare it to what I spent and this process absolutely thrills me to no end. It's almost cry me a river sad how much of a dork I am sometimes;-)

Papa Frank said...

Don't you just love sales like that? With twin girls I have become a big fan of deals like this here.

Anonymous said...

Steph, you might just be the best mom slash blogger slash comedienne in the world. I have some bloggy award love for you at my place. I hope you dig it.
I've been praying for Grace lately.
Much love.

Oh. and I lu-huh-huuv The Children's Place. Especially when grandma goes there. ;-)

Mark said...

Much as I love you two...this one is too girlie for me to hang with...cause you know this is being written from the man room ;-)

But I am thrilled Gracie is doing better...and mom.

Steph said...

carrie- i don't know if i could portray how hilarious the "i'm melting" was in writing, but i guess i could try...

did you get stuff for z at the mall??

karrie- you are truly a woman after my own heart. no wonder we always get along so well. i do the same thing with sales and get such a rush! that's spending justification, baby. ;)

jason- do you have The Children's Place around your parts? :) it's GREAT for good, tuff yet inexpensive stuff.

pinky- i lu-huh-huuv your new pic. how gorgeous are you?!

mark- i'm honored that you commented on this post at all... ESPECIALLY from the man room. i hope the rods, reels, guns, knives, flys, hooks, and stuffed killed stuff didn't see. shhh....

Stephanie D said...

If I had to wear cute clothes to work out, it would never happen. For me, it's work out so I can GET cute clothes.

Grace, on the other hand, was MADE for cute clothes! She looks so limber in those photos.

(PS, my blog URL has changed; it's now scrapsbystephanie.blogspot.com. Pinky says I should tell people, and hey--there's a new movie trivia question up! )

EDGE said...

Hi Steph,

Congratulations on winning the Arte Y Pico on Pinky's blog!

Scott Callaway said...

I don't think she'll be a couch potato!

Anonymous said...

Steph, your pretzel and world peace comment was hilarious. You need to write a sitcom. Glad that the yoga dvd is a hit!