1. I have an irrational and paralyzing fear of sharks. I will not step a foot in an ocean under any circumstance, have panic attacks swimming in a lake or river, am extremely uncomfortable alone in a big swimming pool, and used to be unable to enjoy a bubble bath (I've recovered from this one.) In all of these situations I become convinced that a shark is lurking nearby and is about to eat me. I have a recurring nightmare that I'm saran wrapped face down to a deep, transparent, shark infested water bed. I said it was irrational. I've tried therapy. Don't judge me.
2. As long as I can remember I've had a desire to go to Ireland. I have an affinity for Irish things: the culture, music, beauty of the land. I have a recurring dream that I'm standing in a trench coat next to a castle on an foggy Irish moor while songs from The Joshua Tree play in the background. (I've always had a feeling this dream is foreshadowing my honeymoon, so if my future husband happens to be reading this: a. introduce yourself immediately, and b. check this out.)
3. I'm a dream machine. I have several recurring dreams. I dream vividly every time I sleep, almost always remember my dreams and am very often a lucid dreamer, conscious of my dream-state and able to control what is happening (exception: saran wrap shark dream) and make myself do super-hero things, like fly and stop time. Sometimes it's scary. But most of the time it's way fun.
4. I hate (strong word intentionally used) doing laundry and going to the grocery store. These chores are the bane of my existence and if I had the dough, I'd hire someone to do them for me.
5. You could say I have an "addictive personality" or even refer to me as a "shop-a-holic," but I prefer "collector," so quit it. I am addicted to and never without chapstick, chewing gum, q-tips and hand lotion. My house has been dubbed "The Pillow Farm" because I have 40 (currently) throw pillows lying around on sofas, beds, the floor. My closet runneth over with shoes and my purse(s) runneth over with earrings and sunglasses.
6. I'm fascinated with creation and the indisputable scientific proof everywhere around us that God did it all. We didn't come from monkeys, y'all. Here's a sampling of some of the literature, etc. I own regarding this truth. Yes, that's the infallible, inerrant Word of God smack dab on top.

7. I love to journal, and do it daily. I keep several journals: prayer journal, personal journal, Bible study journal, and now this blog. My favorite journal is mine and Grace's share journal. We don't keep up with it daily, but when one of us writes something to the other we put it under the other's pillow before bedtime. I get so excited when I lay my head down and "bonk!" The other day I was re-reading this entry from last summer. I wrote to her: "God must have been working very hard the day he made you because he did such a good job! You are so wonderfully made. The Bible says God knit you together. Wow! Isn't that cool! I love you so much, Grace. Love, Mommy" Here's her response:

Man, I have a good life. :)
Okay, so I can't wait for lists from these name twins: Carrie and Karrie. Tag, and happy listing!
6 comments:
"Driving north through the thatched medieval town of Adare and the urban sprawl of Limerick, you'll cross the River Shannon and head along the Cliffs of Moher"
When I was in Ireland, Adare was where I stayed, and Limerick was where the Dell factory was that I was working at. 'Tis a lovely place
- Mark
If you could fulfill #2 and fix #4 with the same person that would certainly be ideal for you. Just trying to save you steps by consolidating! No thanks needed!
Mark, I'm "green" with envy. har har.
FF, I like the way you think!
Steph, we were separated at birth?
Did you know my family is Irish? The name is Hurley, so you could stop in just about anywhere and stay with a 'relative'! ;-)
I so want to go, as well. One day, maybe.
Love you pillow obsession, and mine is with Burt's bees. Wish I could afford some nice sunglasses!
Oh, and purses! I could go on!
oh...and lucid dreaming rocks!
steph, i share your sentiments with being all things creation. you should get the book on r.a.t.e. (radioisotopes and the age of the earth). good book on dating geologic rocks, etc, and why we cannot rely on nuclear decay in these "rocks" for accurate "millions of years" dating. good read, and has challenged the scientific community across the board. here's the link with explanation:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2003/0821rate.asp
another one is by john woodmorrappe called "noah's ark: a feasability study"
Steph,
after reading this I was inspired to start a journal with Big Sis.
She loves it!!
Post a Comment