Assignment: Read a book. Create a brand of cereal based on the book. Write a commercial for the brand of cereal based on the book. Memorize and present in front of your class the commercial for the brand of cereal based on the book.
Grace read Paint the Wind, a novel about a little girl and a horse (of course, of course!)
Here's her practice commercial. I think this is take 4 of 1,372. She wanted me to record her so she could watch it back and make sure she liked how it sounded. We did this again and again until the batteries were dead on the camera.
Se said the presentation went "fine" today, except she was nervous and wringing her hands the entire time, so her class was "probably too distracted by that to pay any attention to the commercial." Also, she forgot to point at the picture of the prize on the box, so "the whole thing probably didn't make any sense, anyway." I told her she was awesome, I'm super proud, and not to worry. She said she'd stop worrying if she could have a brownie.
Gosh. I think she must have inherited a tad of my "mollifiable-by-chocolate-only-self-criticizing-perfectionism." Time to do some damage control. That thorn in my side is not a trait I want to pass down.
2 comments:
Omigosh, she's brave! To this day I despise speaking in public--dating right back to the whole book report thing.
i feel her pain... wringing hands, heart pounding, shortness of breath, sweating, dizzyness.... public speaking is crap!
her report was so good!
Post a Comment