
Okay. Here goes. I'm going to lose 30 pounds. Not because I'm fat or unhealthy. I'm not. But over the past two years I've gained 30 pounds that I don't want. My goal is simple: to get back to "me" and comfortably slip into my favorite jeans again. I'm blogging about this because I hope it helps with accountability. I found this nifty little weight loss tracker so that I can keep y'all up to date on my progress.
As far as how I plan to shed this extra weight... well... I'm still working on all the details. But, this week I'm starting by eliminating most sugars and anything fried from my diet. I'm also going to walk Grace to school and back every day.
So, y'all pray for me if you think about it. Food and I are best friends but I'm about to let it know who's boss.
11 comments:
Rootin' for you! You've got a good plan there.
I haven't been doing so well myself; I just like food.
sounds like a good plan... :)
You'll see instant results by cutting out sugar and soft drinks. You can do it!!!! One thing at a time. One day at a time.
THIS is exactly why I'm blogging about it. Thanks for y'all's support!!
I'll be watching your progress and I'm actually trying to do the same thing. It helps that I'm now walking to work! Go, Steph, go!
Will you still talk to the rest of us when you are all svelt?
I guess you are off the DQ hit list ;-)
Good luck. I'm rootin' and prayin', and prayin' and rootin'...
Ditto....I'll be rootin' n prayin' and thinking that maybe I should do this too.
steph,
i can relate. i dream of being where you're starting out weight wise, ugh!
however, i can testify that i have lost over 30 pounds in four months by cutting out sodas, fast food (except for the very occasional "gotta have pizza" times), and starting and maintaining a whole food diet - lots of fresh fruits and veggies, small portions of lean meat (4-6 oz, no pork), and a reduction in dairy products.
in addition to that, i have started a whole food nutritional supplement that has been a tremendous help to keeping me on the right track nutritionally.
email me if you're interested in learning more about it. :-)
good luck. you have my support prayers, and encouragement!
Thanks guys!!!!
I lost a pound already. :)
Atta girl!!!
Post a Comment