I won't forget that day
or what it meant for everyone in this country.
or what it meant for everyone in this country.

I won't forget the tear-streaked faces
of those who lost their loves.
of those who lost their loves.

I won't forget re-learning what a hero is.


I won't forget the phenomenon of being
completely heartbroken to be an American and
completely proud to be an American
in the same instance.

completely heartbroken to be an American and
completely proud to be an American
in the same instance.

I won't forget knowing God had the right man in the White House
and knowing I'm safe because of it.

and knowing I'm safe because of it.

I won't forget how we all came together,
even if it was for a short time.

even if it was for a short time.

God bless all of you who lost your children, brothers, wives,
mothers, husbands, sisters, fathers.

mothers, husbands, sisters, fathers.

And God bless all of us.


11 comments:
Still gives me goose bumps everytime.
As a veteran, it stirs all the emotions of patriotism, anger, resolve, and pride that it ever did.
I shared a flight this week with a handful of military personnel headed out for Afghanistan and Baghdad.
Today I got an email from a co-worker in Afghanistan who just received a promotion.
Am I proud of our country, our people, and our military?
Yes.
beautiful post. thank you so much.
have a blessed day.
Beautiful tribute. I will sooner forget my own name than forget that day.
It's part of who we are now.
Our children will never know an America without the threat of terror.
But they will also know a fierce patriotism might have died otherwise.
I think of you each time I think of 9/11 and how you shared with me over the phone what was happening as I drove to work. Thanks for sharing once again.
i hate this day, and love this day.
The media was asking this question all day yesterday, "How long are we going to relive this day?"
That made me think about it. Why relive the painfulness of this day? We can honor those who lost their lives in a different way, without reliving it. Is it truly Republican propaganda that keeps us reliving this day?
NO! What keeps me reliving this day is the fact that al-Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden are still out there. Until we resolve what we set out to do on September 12th (which we have forgotten), is to disband al-Qaeda, and capture (or kill) Osama Bin Laden. Last I looked, they were still thumbing their noses at us.
We were watching a documentary last night on the History Channel. It consisted of personal videos of the actual events and people in NY City reacting to what they were seeing and experiencing. The fear, the confusion. The firemen and paramedics and peace officers, professionals and students and visitors. Family of persons known to be in the twin towers. It was hard to watch. Then they showed President Bush's speech and the crack in his voice when we declared war on terrorism. Every American was behind him that day...but then it took too long. Sons and daughters, mothers and fathers began to die in Iraq, and we forgot why they were there. I'm still behind him and I'm still voting Republican.
Me, too, Mom. I'm behind him and have been the whole time. We live in a society that expects immediate results. Like Brad says, we stand in front of the microwave and yell at it to cook our food even faster. It takes time to do what we're doing in Iraq. Hello, people! Rome wasn't built in a day!
Don't get me wrong, I'm behind him on the war on terror, but what is happening in Iraq is not the war on terror. What is happening in Afghanistan and Pakistan is.
Iraq was on the political table before 9/11; and until we had come out, captured/killed Bin Laden, and disbanded al-Qaeda; Iraq should have stayed on the backburner.
Pres. Bush said that any country who harbors terrorist will be considered the enemy as terrorist; yet we have not treated Pakistan as such, even though Bin Laden is known to be in their borders.
Both the war on terror and Iraq have taken so long, because there was no plan in place going into each. That is the majority of what I "complain" about, and why he is known as a "Shoot first, ask questions later" Cowboy as President.
I support Bush, but I haven't always agreed with his decisions. The war on Iraq was one I didn't really agree with.
One great thing about our nation is that we are all free to form our own opinions and to express them, whether or not they parallel those of our government and each other. God bless America.
Post a Comment