Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Adios, Amigo.

I overheard Grace having this “conversation” on her pink Barbie cell phone today:

Grace (to the “friend” on the other end): “Hey, Amiga! Oh, I know! I can’t wait until our slumber party. Our first Amiga slumber party is going to be what everyone is talking about!”

(pause)

(laughing) “Ha ha! Oh, wow! It’s going to be awesome! Okay, you tell Amiga #1, Amiga #2 and Captain Amiga that we’ll meet at my house at 6:00 Friday night. Cool.”

(pause)

(gasp!) “What?! Oh, snap! The Amigos are planning on showing up!? No! This is an Amiga party! No Amigos allowed! This is bad. Very awkward.”

(pause)

“Okay, good. We’ll move it to your house so they won’t know where to go. Amigos get confused easily. Good thinking, Amiga. Talk to ya later. Bye! Oh, wait..."

G (to me): "Mom, what's the Spanish word for goodbye?"
Me: "Adios."
G: "Yeah, Adios. I should just remember when I used to watch Dora."

G (to "friend"): "Adios, Amiga!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dora...teaching the world Spanish, one word per episode.
!But ey, ey, ey, Dora needs a new hairdo!

Steph said...

No doubt! She looks like I did in the third grade. Dora needs to live in the now.

Anonymous said...

I only make a peso a day, a haircut/makeover is 40 pesos. She does her TV show for free. It's on Public TV here, and greedy Americans took it for nada. If you would like to make a contribucion for her makeover, please contact Sally Struthers.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember seeing any salons along the yellow road that goes across the bridge over crocodile river, through the dark forest (watch out for Swiper), to the top of the big mountain. Maybe we should check the map, the map, the map.

Steph said...

k... i'll get the backpack, backpack...