Last weekend we went to Kerrville to visit Brad's parents. We had a great time. They are really wonderful people and I enjoy spending time there so much. I will post more about our trip later. I took some beautiful photos. But, in the meantime...
Saturday morning we walked down to the little pond by their house to do some fishing. We only fished for about two hours, but caught around 10-12 each (it was easy to lose count after a while.) This video is of the very first fish Grace "caught" that day. It got away, but as you can see I was still pretty excited and proud of my little angler. We've fished before, but never really caught much, so this really had her "hooked."
The funniest part about the whole thing was Grace's reaction. If you listen carefully, you can hear her. When she saw the fish she squealed, "Don't let it come out of the water!" Then after it fell off the hook she yelled, "Yay!" At the very end you can hear her say, "It was gross!" Cracked me up.
She kept fishing and loved it. But she DID NOT touch those fish. I wouldn't either, so Brad was too busy helping us throw back the ones we caught to fish himself. He was on boyfriend duty big-time that morning. :)
Watch and enjoy!
8 comments:
Ahhh, Grace would make a great catch and release fly-fisher girl. ;-)
Glad y'all had fun!
What a saint! Looks like Grace ain't the only one with a good catch in that video. :)
That's the way it starts....Mark may have her out catching more soon. I know he'd love that
I never mind getting outfished by a girl ;-)
She had so much fun... we should all go sometime soon.
PF- Yes, you're absolutely right. :)
This makes me so happppeeeee!
That's awesome. My family has an old fishing curse on us all and we can't catch fish. Seriously, we can't. I think my ancestor's must have angered the fishing gods.
I smell a trip to the coast coming on...well, aside from the one from which I just returned. We can catch a fish that's as big as Grace! :)
Post a Comment