Tuesday, August 5, 2008

He knows.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Jeremiah 29:11

16 comments:

Karrie said...

Just smilin' here:-)

Mark said...

Ditto...there is comfort and stillness there. Sometimes I just wish He'd let me in on those plans a little sooner...is that a personal right? LOL

Steph said...

Is that a rhetorical question? ;)

Stephanie D said...

I agree with Mark--I think I can manage by myself just because I am too impatient to wait on God to work things out.

Mark said...

Apparently that was my outside voice ;-)

Anonymous said...

As long as He knows, I feel better about the whole deal. I'm with you, Mark. I wish I could get a memo with the plans laid out, but then again, life wouldn't be near as exciting, fun, full of passion, 'insert adjective here' if we knew what was coming.
It's the being patient part that gets me. But then again, life is what happens while you're making plans.

I'm glad that He never wants to harm us.

Carrie Maxwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You know, I'm glad that Jeremiah 29 doesn't end at verse 11. Because then I would feel the same about God making His plans known to us.
But instead, a few verses down (verse 13 to be exact) tells us how we can have these plans revealed.
"You will seek Me and find {Me} when you search for Me with all your heart."

Anonymous said...

Good point ap! There's your memo, but you have to find it. Seek and find!

Steph said...

Aw, what great commentary. I love my friends and family.

And life. I'm lovin' life right now, too. :)

And my Savior. Love Him.

*smile*

Anonymous said...

I think it's a pretty cool aspect of the Lord's character; and how He created me.
He sets things up to where we are active in our pursuit of Him, and His character/plans/righteousness, etc.
How that relates to how He created me? Well, I like to play "Hide-n-Seek". 1-2-3-4.......

Carrie Maxwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tdillow said...

AP, you bring out a great point! Thanks for the reminder to seek Him and His plans will be revealed to us. He will smile down upon those plans when we first seek him....and remember that your a precious pearl Steph!

LY ;)

MightyMom said...

beautiful pic, one of my fav verses

Papa Frank said...

AMEN!!!

Anonymous said...

Great point, AP. And, I love your name...whatever it means.