Thursday, March 5, 2009

Interview with Grace

My sister sent me this fun interview questionaire to ask Grace. The questions are all about me and the answers have to be recorded word for word. It was a hoot. Try it with your kiddos. Here's how ours went:


1. What is something mom always says to you?
Clean my room or I love you. Non-stop.

2. What makes mom happy?
Gift cards.

3. What makes mom sad?
Are you ever sad? I’ve never seen you sad. Have I?

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Your face. (followed by several minutes of hysterical laughter)

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Oh my gosh! Um… you’ve never told me. OH! You liked that acting stuff. You did plays with Chris and stuff. You did that all the time. And you used to dress up so much. That’s it.

6. How old is your mom?
35

7. How tall is your mom?
Oh my… umm… guess… uhh… 5’11”? (I'm 5'7")

8.What is her favorite thing to do?
Oh gosh. (long silence) I think designing things or like hanging out with friends or something. I don’t know.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Watch movies. I don’t know what you do. I’m not around.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
World’s best mother. I’m your best child. Did you record that?

11. What is your mom really good at?
Writing. And graphic designing. And being the world’s best mom.

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Math. And being the world’s worst mom. Oh, and grammar. You say words that aren’t words.

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Uh, are they seriously asking me that? You’re a graphic designer at [the place I work]. I know every detail about that. I know your boss. I know your boss’ assistant. I know what you have to design. I know what you want to design.

14. What's your mom's favorite food?
Uh, duh. Chips and salsa. The Mexican people are great.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
That’s a hard question. I mean, it’s worded wrong or something. What am I proud of that relates to you? You buy me stuff. Like notebooks and markers.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Oh, weird. Hmm. Like that’s already invented? Okay. Minnie. Like, the mouse. Because she’s cute and she wears a lot of hair accessories.

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Mommy-daughter day. And watch movies. It’s called “Girls Only Movie Theatre.” Did you know that?

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Wow! We both can exaggerate very well. And we like to read. And we like to write. And we both like animals, right? You like animals, right? And we both are females.

19. How are you and your mom different?
You’re a brunette, I’m a blonde. You like square-collared, I like circle-collared. You have a finace. You get to have French maincures and I don’t. You have to pay money and taxes and I don’t. You get more sugar than I do. Boo-hoo! I want a French manicure.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
You say it practically a million times a day. You make time for just me when you don’t hang out with Brad. Oh, I was at Granny’s and I had water in my mouth and she was doing something with this jacket and I took a big sip of water and I was like “mmm-mmm” and she said “Me.” and I was like “You can understand me?” and she was like “Yeah…” and I was like “You’re amazing!” and she was like “I raised three daughters.”

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
You want to go to Ireland and I don’t know your favorite place to go that you have been but I was thinking like Lubbock or something. I know you want to go to Dublin, Ireland. Can I sleep with you tonight? When I was at Granny's, PaPa watched CSI and I didn't watch it, but I accidentally saw one part and the guy was dead and he was green and moldy and I'm scared, so can I sleep with you? Oh, and you like Sea World.

9 comments:

Jewels said...

That is hilarious!! I LOVE IT!

Wish my dogs could talk - ha

Casey said...

Hey, homeslice, I tagged you in this before your sister did!

But this is freakin' hilarious! I love that kid.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...sorry about the CSI thing.

Stephanie D said...

A classic combination of the natural self-absorption of childhood ("what is her favorite thing to do--designing things or hanging out with friends---I don't know"), and astuteness (what is she not very good at--"you say words that aren't words").

Love this!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, I can totally relate to a couple of these "blog posts"..I've got a drama queen at home myself! -----Cousin Mel in MO

Mantha said...

your daughter is so awesome.

E.A. (Elena) said...

I'm kind of nervous about the prospect of becoming a mother some day because I don't know if I can do this right. And the more I think about that the more I appreciate the genuine bravery of women as they go into motherhood. I love your blog! Thanks!

Emgif said...

that is stinkin' adorable!

Family Adventure Collective said...

Okay, myself and the 2 others at the table are busting a gut laughing as I just read this blog post out loud.
So, so funny.
Thanks :)