Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm taking bets...

...on whether or not Grace will lose this nail.

Poor baby slammed it in the car door yesterday and the doctor confirmed this morning that it is indeed fractured.

She used to have a pretty little flower pained on her thumb, but now it looks like she's wearing black nail polish. Very Halloween-y, dontcha' think?

This HURT like the dickens. I haven't seen her in this much pain... well, ever. She was up all night last night because the pain wouldn't let her sleep. And this is the kid who won't wake up even if I'm vacuuming in her room at midnight. (Yes, I've done that before. Go ahead and call me a bad mother, but that child could eat off her carpet.)

I felt so bad because there was nothing I could do. She's doing better tonight. That Tylenol with codeine does wonders. Her thumb's in a splint and she can go back to school in the morning.

So, ya feelin' lucky? I got a cool $20 that says that nail's history within the month. Who wants in?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's not a bet I would take. Poor baby. She's gonna lose that nail for sure.

Steph said...

Well, I mean I'm not REALLY taking bets...

That whole "I got a cool $20" statement was made for dramatic effect.

You know I don't gotta cool $20. I don't gotta cool anything.

Carrie Maxwell said...

nah... she won't lose it.

Mantha said...

lose it or not, i gotta say "awwwwww, poor baby!"

was it on the hand that she writes with? that would make it suck even worse.

gracie - it will get better. your thumb will heal, and it will be okay. poor thing. :-(

Stephanie D said...

Wow, she was one lucky little girl! My mother lost her middle finger as a child when it was slammed in the car door. I'm sorry it hurt so much, but glad the T#3 is working.

Karrie said...

Poor thing! I'm hurting just thinking about it:-( Never slammed my fingers in a car door, but did get my thumb slammed by a dishwasher door with a VERY powerful spring. I truly think that was the most painful thing I've ever had happen.

Hope it heals quickly!

Casey said...

So sad! I've done that before, and it knocked the breath out of me!

tdillow said...

EEEYYYOOOWWW!! I hope and actually prayed that Grace is doing much better now. If you can get the swelling down that will help w/the pain. But my bet is that yes she will lose the nail.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Ohhh, I know that must have hurt so so so bad. I'm glad she's sleeping a bit better.
Yep, that thing's comin' off.