Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ramen Noodles and Tiny Spiders

After having the following conversation with Grace (right before Thanksgiving), it became apparent to me that the world needs to know how funny she is. And (finally), now they will.

Grace: "Uhh... Mom?"
Me: "Yeah?"
G: "We're going to Granny's for Thanksgiving, right?"
M: "Yeah."
G (very relieved): "Good. Because I will not give thanks for Ramen."

I realize that in sharing this stuff with you, my parental flaws will be revealed. (e.g. I don't cook.) But, for amusement's sake, I'm willing to put it all out there. Around that same time we had this little gem of a (one-sided) convo while she was in the bathroom.

Grace (yelling at me from the bathroom, very freaked out): "MOM!!"
Me: "Yeah?"
G (still yelling): "There's a spider in here! A HUGE ONE! IT'S HUGE! Well it's not really a huge one. It's actually very small. BUT IT'S NOT TINY!"

Needless to say, I'm pretty consistently entertained. I hope, as I share some of our stories, you will be too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! that's hilarious.
i'm finding that abi is the same way, she is always cracking my face up.
for instance, abi calls heather's mom gamma, and heather's dad, pa-jack. i was reading her a book called "my jack in he box." so we get to the part where the jack jumps out of the box, and i read the lines, "it's jack!" she looks at me directly in the eye and says, "not gamma, pa-jack, not gamma!"
agua pantalones

Anonymous said...

And now everyone knows your inspiration.

Anonymous said...

But, you're actually doing her a favor!! By starting her on Ramen so early, she'll be more likely to appreciate a dozen tortillas with butter and sugar as a legitimate "lunch out with a friend" in her college years!;-)

Karrie

Steph said...

Karrie... is that not still a legitimate lunch?!

Anonymous said...

For us, yes, for almost anyone else....probably not!:-)

Karrie